Optimizing your Image Browser to work best for you
Images are kept in galleries, and galleries can be organized into collections that all live within your Image Browser. You can sort images, galleries, and collections by their name, date uploaded, date created, a custom sort, and more. It's important to create an organization system that works best for you. To access your images, click the Images link from the Navigation Bar.
A group of images. Galleries can only contain images. A gallery is visually represented by a landscape icon.
A group of galleries and/or other collections. May not contain loose images - those must go in a gallery. A collection is visually represented by a folder icon.
A gallery or collection that is stored within a collection. Through the ability to infinitely nest collections within one another, you can keep both your website and Image Browser organized and running at optimal speed.
Top level (also called "root level")
This term describes a gallery or collection that exists on its own that is not nested in other collections
Note: It's possible for galleries or collections to exist as both top level and nested in other collections. Learn more in the Adding a Gallery to a Collection section at the bottom of this page
Sorting Your Galleries, Collections, and Images
Sorting your galleries, collections, and images is particularly important for your Listed on Website section, because their order within the Image Browser is reflected on your live website's Gallery List page.
Here's how it works
1. From the Left Pane, select the gallery or collection that you'd like to sort.
Note: To organize the top-level galleries/collections that display on your public Gallery List page, click the Listed on Website tab.
2. At the top of the Center Pane, click on the Sort by drop-down menu. A selection of sorting options are there for your choosing. These will vary based on the type of content you're sorting (i.e. images vs. galleries/collections). When sorting a collection, you'll see two different sort options: the primary sort (i.e. name vs. date created), as well as a secondary sort (whether you'd like galleries first, collections first, or the two intermingled and dictated only by the primary sort).
3. If you prefer to custom sort your collections, galleries, or images, choose the Custom option, and then click the small pencil icon that will appear next to the Sort by drop- down menu. In this window, you will be able to drag and drop your content into the desired order. Once set, be sure to click the Save button in the top right-hand corner of the Center Pane. (Tip: Collapse the Left and Right Panes using the dividers on either side of the Center Pane to be able to see more content in your Image Browser -- this makes custom sorting much more efficient!)
When custom sorting the images in a gallery, you will be given the option to define the starting sequence of the sort, either by filename, date uploaded, or date taken. Clicking any of the sort selections a second time from this window will swap the direction.
Moving a Gallery/Collection
Moving a gallery or a collection removes it from its current location and puts it into another. (This is different from adding a gallery to a collection, which keeps the gallery in its current location, too. Please read the Adding a Galley to a Collection section, below.) There are three ways to move content: dragging and dropping within the Left Pane, using the Actions drop-down menu in the Center Pane, or clicking the +/- menu from the Right Pane.
Here's how it works
1. From the Left or Center Pane of your Image Browser, select the gallery or collection you want to move.
2. Click and hold your mouse to drag and drop your selection to its new location in the Left Pane. Be sure your mouse highlights the new desired location before releasing.
Note: It is not possible to drag from the Left Pane to the Right (only Left to Left or Right to Left).
Using Menu Actions to a Move Gallery/Collection
There are options to use menu action buttons rather then dragging and dropping to move content.
Here's how it works
1.Select the collection or gallery from the Left Pane.
2.Click the Add or move menu located in the Right Pane. Select Move to collection. (Or, to move multiple galleries/collections in batch, select Move to another collection from the Center Pane's Actions menu.)
3. In the pop-up box that appears, enter the collection into which you would like to move your selection. Click on the text field and begin typing the collection’s name. You may also create a new collection on the fly by clicking the Create a collection link, naming your new collection, and clicking Add. When you submit the action, your selection will be moved to this newly created collection.
Adding a Gallery to a Collection
For more flexible organization, galleries may be located in as many collections as you'd like. Adding a gallery to multiple collections merely creates virtual copies of it and doesn't take up additional storage space in your account. (It should be noted that collections, however, may only exist in one location and cannot be cross-listed in other collections.)
Here's how it works
1. From the Left or Center Pane of your Image Browser, select the gallery you want to add.
2.Click the Add or move menu located in the Right Pane. Select Add to collection. (Or, to add multiple galleries/collections in batch, select Add gallery to another collection from the Center Pane's Actions menu.)
3. In the pop-up box that appears, click on the text field and begin typing the collection’s name. You may also create a new collection on the fly by clicking the Create a collection link, naming your new collection, and clicking Add. When you submit the action, your selection will be added to this newly created collection.