PayPal is a service that allows individuals and businesses to send and receive money online. Use PayPal with PhotoShelter to accept payment via credit card or any other payment method supported by PayPal's Payments Standard service, including international currency. It's important to remember that PayPal charges a percentage based on volume per month. Please refer to the PayPal website for specific information. Your PayPal account needs to be properly configured to work with PhotoShelter.
Note: You must have a PayPal Business account in order to accept credit card payments with PayPal and PhotoShelter.
Setting Up to Sell with PayPal
1. Log in at PayPal.com.
2. Click Profile on the top right side of the page, then choose Profile and settings.
3. From the menu on the left, click My selling tools.
Note: The following instructions are based on the PayPal USA interface; these instructions may vary slightly based on your country of residence.
4. Confirm your settings from the sections on this page: Selling online, Getting paid and managing my risk, and Shipping my items. Make necessary changes by clicking the corresponding blue Update link.
Under the Getting paid and managing my risk section, click the Update link for Instant payment notifications. On the following page, click the Choose IPN Settings button. Then:
- Enter https://www.photoshelter.com/pp/ipn into the Notification URL field
- Choose Receive IPN messages (Enabled)
- Click Save
IPN is essential for making sure your PayPal account can send information to PhotoShelter properly, so you must follow these instructions exactly.
5. Click the blue Update link for Website preferences.
In order for you to receive real-time payment status updates - and for buyers to be returned to PhotoShelter after having made their purchase in the PayPal pop-up window - the following options on this page must be set.
Auto Return for Website Payments: set to ON
- Return URL may be https://www.photoshelter.com/pp/success (although this is not required; if you have this set for another website already, there is no need to change it)
Payment Data Transfer (optional): set to ON
Payment Account Optional: set to ON
Encrypted Website Payment: set to OFF
6. After you've saved your preferences, click Back to My Profile.
7. Head back over to your PhotoShelter account, click Sell > Sales Settings, and choose PayPal from the list of available payment processors.
8. Enter the email address you use to log into PayPal into the PayPal Email Address field, and save/update your settings.
What Buyers See
Your clients will add images to the PhotoShelter shopping cart and proceed to checkout. When the final confirmation page appears, a pop-up window will direct them to the PayPal site to settle the transaction. Once the payment has settled, their purchase will be fulfilled.
Note: At this time you can only select one payment option type, either PayPal, Stripe, or a Merchant Account.
Changing Your Currency
Your PhotoShelter currency is set to USD by default, but if you wish to sell via one of the currencies listed below, you may change your currency from within your PhotoShelter account to display prices to your buyers accordingly.
1. Click Sell > Sales Settings.
2. Click the Edit settings button.
3. From the Currency preference menu, select the currency of your choosing from the provided list.
Which currencies does PayPal support?
PayPal accepts the following currencies:
- Canadian Dollar
- British Pound
- U.S. Dollar
- Japanese Yen
- Australian Dollar
- New Zealand Dollar
- Swiss Franc
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Singapore Dollar
- Swedish Krona
- Danish Krone
- Polish Zloty
- Norwegian Krone
- Hungarian Forint
- Czech Koruna
- Israeli New Shekel
- Mexican Peso
- Brazilian Real (only for Brazilian members)
- Malaysian Ringgit (only for Malaysian members)
- Philippine Peso
- New Taiwan Dollar
- Thai Baht
- Turkish Lira (only for Turkish members)