EZ Prints, now known as ThreadStudio, is a large-scale printing facility based out of Norcross, Georgia, whose innovative technology and personalization expertise combine to deliver affordable and easily accessible prints and products. All ThreadStudio/EZ Prints orders are processed in a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant using the latest digital printing components.
Below are the prints and products you may offer through your PhotoShelter website if you choose to use ThreadStudio/EZ Prints as your integrated print vendor. Please note the wholesale cost of each item on this list. As the seller, you are responsible for the wholesale costs of the individual prints and products your clients order. When you make a sale, we will assess these costs and charge you on ThreadStudio/EZ Prints’ behalf on your next month’s PhotoShelter statement.
ThreadStudio/EZ Prints wholesale print and product offerings can be viewed here.
ThreadStudio/EZ Prints utilizes two types of Kodak paper: Edge and Endura.
Kodak Edge paper is used for glossy and matte finishes and is an exceptional, state-of-the-art silver-halide paper for making direct digital prints from digital files. This paper delivers enhanced color reproduction and state-of-the-art image stability and is optimized to work well in digital imaging systems.
Technical specifications for Kodak Edge paper can be found here.
- Bold, bright colors
- Excellent flesh tone reproduction
- Fine detail in highlights and shadows
- Exceptional sharpness and clarity
- Spectacular print quality with digital exposure
- Excellent image stability (Over 200 years before noticeable fading in the most common home storage conditions, with double the stability of any other non-Kodak silver halide paper).
Kodak Endura is used for lustre and metallic finishes and is a workhorse of a paper, and it's robust. It features soft/smooth flesh-tone reproduction and enhanced highlight and shadow detail. The paper's moderate contrast and pleasing color saturation work well in a variety of photographic applications, from portraits and weddings to commercial shoots. Since its inception, KODAK PROFESSIONAL ENDURA Paper Imaging Emulsion Technology has become Kodak's standard for photographic image output.
Technical specifications for Kodak Surpa Endura paper (lustre) can be found here.
Technical specifications for Kodak Professional Endura (metallic) paper can be found here.
- Realistic color saturation and color accuracy
- Vibrant greens, blues, magentas, and reds
- Natural-looking whites
- Neutral tone scale from highlights to shadows
- Consistent print quality from digital printers
- State-of-the-art image longevity (100 years before noticeable fading in typical home display and 200 years dark storage under the most common storage conditions)
- Excellent reproduction of skin tones with neutral flesh reproduction from highlights to shadows
ThreadStudio/EZ Prints will print images in one of four finishes: Glossy, Matte, Lustre, or Metallic. Currently the Metallic finish is only available as a specialty finish for some panoramic prints. Please refer to the Print and Product pricing profile within your account for information as to which print sizes are offered in which finishes.
Glossy photos are printed on coated paper with a very smooth, shiny reflective surface. Glossy finishes have a high-contrast appearance and look slick to the touch when not under glass. This finish has an excellent dynamic range and color - slightly more "pop" than the matte paper, though less noticeable once framed.
- Photos will have a shiny finish.
- Colors are vibrant.
- Images are crisp and sharp (assuming the original photo was in focus).
- Glossy finish does not produce a textured look when scanned and converted to digital.
Matte finishes have a very smooth, non-glare surface. Matte finishes have a lower-contrast when printed and are often used to enhance the texture of a print.
- Fingerprints and smudges are not as visible.
- Works very well with black-and-white photographs.
- Glare is significantly reduced with matte-finish prints.
Lustre paper is the premier paper most preferred by portrait and wedding photographers and is considered more of a professional-grade paper. Lustre has a slight gloss with a subtle, often pearl-like texture. Lustre paper has a deeper color-saturization than matte, has a higher contrast, and is thicker than consumer paper.
- Fingerprints and smudges are not as visible
- Anti glare
- Pro quality paper
- Great for framing
- Excellent for wedding photos
Metallic paper is extremely durable and produces an almost chrome-like burnished appearance; photographers have described the look as “chrome on paper.” The glossy finish and metallic look of this paper will enable you to create prints with exceptional visual interest and depth. The proprietary laminate layers also increase the durability and tear resistance of the final print, increasing the opportunities for display applications.
- Striking, distinctive, eye-catching metallic look
- Increased color gamut for rich impact and intense blacks to enhance print appeal
- Exceptional sharpness, brightness, and color saturation
- Optimized for digital printing
ThreadStudio/EZ Prints will print images in the sRGB color space. If a purchased image to be fulfilled by ThreadStudio/EZ Prints was uploaded to your archive in a color space other than sRGB, we will convert it for you before sending it to the lab for fulfillment. Please note we will never alter your original file.
If you are interested in soft-proofing your images for the best possible color management, you may download ThreadStudio/EZ Prints’ ICC Profile.
ThreadStudio/EZ Prints does not currently offer an automated color correction option for your PhotoShelter print orders.
Back printing allows you to enter text which will be printed on the back of the image (e.g. "John Smith Photography"). When setting prices for ThreadStudio/EZ Prints prints and products, you will find the back printing option available as a free-form text field. In this field you may place whatever text you wish to be printed on the backs of your images.
If you'd like your package white labeled, place your information into the Your Sales Address area of your PhotoShelter Sales Settings, and ThreadStudio/EZ Prints will use your company name on the exterior packaging. On the packing slip your client receives with the order, both your PhotoShelter account name and your company name will be included.
If you do not place your information into the Your Sales Address area of your PhotoShelter Sales Settings, the exterior packaging will list PhotoShelter as the sender, but the packing slip will still include your PhotoShelter account name.
When a client purchases a print to be fulfilled by ThreadStudio/EZ Prints, he or she will be able to choose from a list of options, ranging from Economy to Next Business Day. ThreadStudio/EZ Prints uses USPS and UPS to ship orders. Shipping rates are calculated based on the chosen shipping method as well as the destination of the shipment.
Note: ThreadStudio/EZ Prints considers 8x10 prints and larger to be "large format prints," which will always ship rolled.
Specific Product Info
Below you can find additional information about a number of specific ThreadStudio/EZ Prints products that may require special attention.
- Gallery Wrap
A “gallery wrap” is a high-quality genuine canvas print, gallery wrapped and ready to hang or frame. Gallery wrapped canvas is specifically designed to allow mounting to the wall directly out of the box. The gallery wrap is a technique that wraps the actual image around all four sides of the frame. For this reason, you must allow for approximately 1 3/4 inches of the printed image to be wrapped on each side. We recommend you offer this item only for images that already include the necessary bleed.
If the image in your archive is of an aspect ratio that does not match the size of the gallery wrap ordered, you or your customer may choose to have the wrap printed with white borders in lieu of cropping the image to fit the wrap. (Please see our Crop Preferences documentation for more information about how image cropping works.) In this case, EZ Prints will ignore the selection. A gallery wrap cannot be printed with borders, which means the image will be auto-cropped to fit the frame.
- Rolled Canvas
- Rolled canvas images are printed to a finished size. A 3-inch border is added to the outside of the image to provide extra material for stretching and framing. This border is in addition to the actual image, meaning there is 3 inches of extra canvas around the printed product.
- EZ Prints t-shirts are classic, white, 100-percent cotton shirts with printed images centered about 2 inches below the neckline. EZ Prints uses a special type II silicone substrate which holds the ink and transfers it to the shirt. This is a flexible sheet, and it actually stretches with the fabric so it holds up better to washing and drying. They use genuine Epson ink as this has the best non-fading and dye stability.
- Magnets are photo prints with magnetic backings. Due to the rounded corners of this product, the edges will usually be cropped off. To avoid erroneous cropping, we recommend you offer this item only for images that already include the necessary 1/4” bleed.
- Folded Cards
- For the Folded Cards product, images are printed on heavy 110# paper stock to ensure excellent image reproduction.
- Mousepads are made of high-density foam with an easy-to-clean, stain-resistant finish. Size is approximately 7.75”x9”. Due to the rounded corners of this product, the edges will usually be cropped off. To avoid erroneous cropping, we recommend you offer this item only for images that already include the necessary 1/8” bleed.