HAVE A RESPONSIVE TEMPLATE? If so, please instead consult the
Responsive Templates section for support.
The Gallery Display page is the page your visitors will see after clicking on any given gallery from your site in order to view the images within. To access these Gallery Display settings, go to your navigation bar and click Website > Archive Page Settings > Gallery Display.
There are a number of configurable options for this page depending on how you wish for it to display, as well as what sorts of actions you wish for your visitors to be able to take.
- Display Gallery
- The images contained within a gallery may be displayed in one of two ways:
If you opt to display images in slideshow format, you also have the ability to choose a slideshow preset for your galleries (a set of options for the slideshow you have created ahead of time).
Note: This display setting is global. Whatever you choose here will apply to all of the galleries on your site. There is currently no way to display some galleries as thumbnails and others as slideshows, or vice versa.
- Gallery Description
- The description for the gallery will display above the thumbnails or below the slideshow depending on the display option you have chosen as well as the theme you are using.
- Add to Cart Link
- If you have priced images for sale, an "add to cart" button or link will appear above or beside the thumbnails or below the slideshow (depending on the display option you have chosen, as well as the theme you are using), allowing the client to see pricing/purchasing options for all of the images in the gallery at once, or add all of the images in the gallery to the shopping cart at once for immediate purchase/license. The add to cart button/link will not display to your site visitors if your gallery exceeds 1,000 images.
- Text for "Add to Cart" Link
- The "Text for Add to Cart" link field will allow you to rename the add to cart button/link as desired by placing your chosen text into the provided space. This will give you the opportunity to market the button/link however you'd like.
- Batch Download Link
- The Batch Download link, which allows any client with the proper download access to download the entire gallery at once, will appear above or beside the thumbnails depending on the theme you are using.
- Search Gallery Box
- This enables a search field (which crawls images in that gallery only - not the entire site) that will appear above the thumbnails or slideshow. Because this particular search function is restricted to the gallery, the images do not have to be marked as publicly searchable to be returned in search results.
- Post to Social Networks
- A number of social networking options, including a Facebook "Like" button and a "Tweet This" option, will display above or beside the thumbnails or below the slideshow depending on the display option you have chosen as well as the theme you are using. More on this feature can be found here.
- User-selectable View Options
- If this feature is enabled, your site visitors will be presented with the option to view all of the images in any given gallery at once. The Thumbnails Per Page number you select in your Site Settings will be the default, but the visitor will have the option to choose View All instead, and/or go back to your default number. The View All option will not display if your gallery exceeds 500 images. Instead, the option to view 500 thumbnails per page will appear alongside your default.
- Mouse-over Image Preview
- When this feature is turned on, the site visitor is able to hover his/her mouse over a thumbnail to see a larger preview version, as well as a few pieces of information about the image: filename, dimensions, and caption.
Note: This feature is not available for image slideshows.
- Slideshow Link
- Gives the visitor the option to view the gallery as a slideshow. If you are already displaying your galleries in slideshow format, this option is null.
- Display Filenames
- Your individual image filenames will display on the thumbnails if this option is selected. If you choose to display images in slideshow format, you will only see your filenames if you create a slideshow preset which includes the "top title bar," and you specify filenames to display from the Image Title dropdown. For more on configuring your slideshows, check out our detailed Embeddable Slideshow tutorial.
- Display IPTC metadata
- Here we provide you with the option to display your individual image captions, headlines, or titles on the thumbnails. If you choose to display images in slideshow format, you will see your image captions on hover and will also have the ability to select whether your headlines or titles should display if you create a slideshow preset. Click here to learn more about configuring your slideshows.
- Creation Date
- Your gallery creation date will display above or beside the thumbnails depending on which theme you are using. This option will not appear if you are using a slideshow to display your images.
- Last Modified Date
- Your gallery last modified date will display above or beside the thumbnails depending on the theme you are using. This option will not appear if you are using a slideshow to display your images.
Meta Data Options
- Page Title
- Common SEO intelligence indicates that properly keyworded page titles are one of the most heavily weighted components in determining a site's search-engine placement. For your Gallery Display page, we generate the page titles for you by default, using your gallery names.
- Meta Description
- In visiting a page, search-engine crawlers routinely check for a brief, high-level description of a page in its "meta" element. For your Gallery Display page, we dynamically generate this behind-the-scenes description for you using your Gallery Description.