The Web Uploader is built into your Image Browser, offering a simple method for uploading photos to your PhotoShelter account. To use the Web Uploader for adding images to a new gallery, use the “upload” button in your Admin Area navigation. For uploading to an existing gallery, select a gallery and use the button in the Right Pane of your Image Browser. For both options, you can drag and drop images directly into your Image Browser’s Center Pane or browse your computer’s files for the images.
Uploading to a New Gallery
1. Log in to your account and click the “UPLOAD” button on the Navigation Bar.
2. Choose "to New Gallery." This will take you to your Image Browser where a pop-up window will appear prompting you to name the new gallery and set the gallery’s visibility.
3. Set the visibility of your gallery. (In other words, when a visitor clicks on this URL, what happens -- must they enter a password, log in, or can they freely enter? For more on this, check out our detailed Visibility & Access tutorial.)
Note: If you're using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, you may want to consider using another browser as some features in the Image Browser may not work with these browsers. You can read more about our web browser compatibility here. In the meantime, try another browser or the Desktop Uploader.
4. After clicking “submit,” you will see the screenshot below in the Center Pane. You can either drag and drop files from a folder on your computer, or choose “Select Files” to browse your computer’s files and select the images you want to upload.
5. The upload will begin automatically. When the images are finished uploading, a new window will pop up with “Upload completed” and the number of images that were successfully uploaded.
Uploading to an Existing Gallery
1. Navigate to your Image Browser and click the gallery you want to upload to on the Left Pane.
2. In the Right Pane, click the green upload button under the URL for that gallery.
3. You will see the screenshot below in the Center Pane. You can either drag and drop files from a folder on your computer, or choose “Select Files” to browse your computer’s files and select the images you want to upload.
4. The upload will begin automatically. When the images are finished uploading, a new window will pop up with “Upload Completed” and the number of images that were successfully uploaded.
A few important notes:
- By default, the Web Uploader will skip images that already exist in the system. You may change this setting to allow duplicates, and you may even replace already uploaded images in batch by choosing the "Replace existing images" option from the drop-down menu.
- If you choose to replace already uploaded images, please be aware that while the image pixel data will be overwritten, PhotoShelter-specific settings (Pricing, Searchability, Hidden/Visible, Model & Property Release, etc.) will be preserved.
- The Web Uploader doesn’t support uploading multiple folders at one time. For batch uploads that retain folder structure upon upload, we recommend Incoming FTP or the Desktop Uploader.
- If an image hasn't yet been uploaded, click the “x” on the thumbnail to remove it from the queue.
- To view more images at the same time, try collapsing the Left and/or Right Panes, or use the Clear Completed text link to remove already uploaded images.
- You can mark images as publicly searchable from the top right of the upload screen so they will automatically have that attribute when uploaded.