Your PhotoShelter trial comes pre-loaded with demo content (one demo gallery containing a set of example images). Demo content is intended to provide you with ideas and inspiration so you may examine each of our template’s strengths and features and get a feel for what’s possible with our tools before uploading your own work.
In this article, we’ll cover what you can and can’t do with demo content, where you can find it in your account and how to delete it.
- What am I allowed to do with demo content?
- Where do I find demo content?
- How do I delete demo content?
What am I allowed to do with demo content?
Demo content is provided for inspirational purposes only. You may use demo content to explore our templates or get a feel for what’s possible inside your Image Browser (listed vs unlisted galleries, visibility and access options, etc.).
Demo content may not be sold, distributed or otherwise published at any point. To begin fully testing out our sales and delivery tools, you must upload your own images.
Demo content may not remain in your account after you have upgraded from your free trial to a paid subscription. You’ll want to delete demo content once you begin uploading your own work. See the “How do I delete demo content” section below for removal instructions.
See our Terms and Conditions to learn more.
Where do I find demo content?
Demo content lives in your Image Browser in a gallery titled “Demo Gallery.”
This gallery is public by default, i.e. the visibility for the gallery is set to “everyone.” This means it will automatically appear as a portfolio gallery on your new site’s homepage.
Each image in your demo gallery will include an embedded watermark and IPTC metadata, allowing you to get a feel for how our templates display image captions, etc., as well as stipulating usage rights and copyright information.
How do I delete demo content?
1. Head to your Image Browser.
2. Drag your demo gallery to the “Deleted Images” area at the bottom of your Image Browser’s Left Pane. (You may also select the gallery from the Left Pane, click the orange trash can icon in the Right Pane, and choose Delete.)
Purging deleted demo content
The “Deleted Images” area works a lot like the Trash bin on your computer; deleted files end up there and remain there until you choose to empty it. We call this "purging" the deleted images.
To purge the deleted images:
1. Click on the “Deleted Images” area at the bottom of the Left Pane.
2. Click the “Purge All Deleted Images” button in the Right Pane.
3. A warning message will inform you of the action you are about to perform. Click “Yes, Purge” to permanently delete these images.