Photo Mechanic is a leading photo editing and image browsing application that thousands of photographers and picture editors use to edit, organize, caption, and transmit images. Photo Mechanic is a standalone application written for both PC and Mac operating systems and can be purchased through the Camera Bits website.
As the "Upload to PhotoShelter" option is built directly into Photo Mechanic (versions 4.5.4 and up), there is no need to install a plugin in order to upload images from Photo Mechanic to PhotoShelter. We recommend making sure you have the latest version to properly follow the steps below. Visit http://www.camerabits.com/downloads to upgrade if necessary!
Uploading Images to PhotoShelter Using Photo Mechanic
1. Launch Photo Mechanic.
2. Select the files you want to upload. Simply selecting a folder containing images will not prompt the upload of the files within; individual images must be selected.
3. Navigate to "File" > "Upload," and choose "PhotoShelter" from the "Selected Uploader" list.
4. Click on the "Connections" button in the "File Uploader" window to enter your account information: the email address you use to log in to PhotoShelter, the password you created for your PhotoShelter account, and an arbitrary name for your account. Then click “OK.”
5. Choose the gallery/collection to which you want to upload images. You may select from either the Listed or Unlisted sections of your Image Browser, or you may create a new gallery/collection by clicking the "New Gallery" or "New Collection" buttons. Make any other desired image adjustments here (be sure to scroll down in this window to see what else is available to you), and click "Send" to start your upload.
6. Once the upload has begun, you'll see a window displaying the queue of uploads. In the "Status Log" window, there will be an "OK" status indicator next to images that have been successfully uploaded to your PhotoShelter account.
Note: PhotoShelter does not provide technical support for the Photo Mechanic application itself. For technical support, please visit the Camera Bits Forums.