The Trusted Client feature allows you to assign sitewide download permission to certain individuals. Rather than assigning download access at the gallery or collection level, by using Trusted Client you are allowing the client to download anything they may view -- whether it's from search results, contained within an unlisted gallery, or anywhere else. (Trusted Client does not allow people to see images they aren't otherwise able to view -- it simply allows any viewable image to be downloaded at a maximum size you designate.)
You choose the maximum size at which a given client may download their selections, even allowing for original download access if you so choose. You may keep track of your client's downloads from the Download Logs page.
To access Trusted Client privileges, your client will need to log in to their (free) PhotoShelter account.
Designating a Trusted Client
1. To designate a Trusted Client, navigate to "Clients" > "Address Book" or visit this link.
2. In the Center Pane of your Address Book, select the contact you'd like to designate as a Trusted Client. If they are not already listed in your address book, click the green button with a "+" to add a new contact.
3. In the Right Pane, click the pencil icon in the "Basic Info" section.
4. Click the dropdown under "Trusted Client Permission" and select the appropriate maximum image size for the client in question.
4. Click the check mark to save.
Note: Be sure your Trusted Client is logging in to their account with the same email address that you have in your PhotoShelter Address Book. To read more about the Address Book, click here.
Adding Download Links to your Website
In order for any image to be downloadable from your website, you must have the appropriate download links enabled on your website pages.
2. Select “Yes” for “Display download links” and click the "Save Settings" button.
This will enable download links on Archive gallery pages and single image Archive pages site-wide. When a Trusted Client clicks on any of these links, they will be prompted to log in or create an account. By creating an account with the same email address that has Trusted Client access in your Address Book, your client will instantly have the designated download access to anything they can view.
How Trusted Clients Create Free PhotoShelter Accounts
There are four ways your Trusted Clients can create or log in to their free accounts. Each is quick and easy! They will not receive marketing emails when signing up for a free account unless they choose to opt-in in their My Account page.
Note: Be sure your client creates their free account with the same email you used for their Trusted Client access in your Address Book.
1. Follow the Download buttons: When your Trusted Client wants to begin a download, they will click the download link for that image or gallery that they have visibility access to, and if they aren’t already logged in, they will be prompted to either log in or to create a new account. By creating an account with the same email address that has Trusted Client access in your Address Book, your client will be able to proceed with that (and any other) download.
2. Grant the client access to a specific gallery: If your Trusted Client is new to PhotoShelter, you may want to start by granting your client access to a specific gallery. PhotoShelter will detect that the user is new to the system and will guide your client through the quick account creation process prior to granting access to the gallery. For more on granting access to a specific gallery, check out our detailed tutorial on setting gallery download permissions.
3. Add the My Account page to your website's navigation: There is a login page built into your website. In your built-in Archive menu, there is a link called “Client Area” where clients can log in and see galleries they have been invited to. If you don’t see “Archive” in your site’s Navigation, then you have hidden it. You may want to move the “Archive” menu back to “Visible Navigation Items” or add a link directly to your client login page to your Navigation. For more info on editing your site's navigation, visit this article.
4. Sign up via the PhotoShelter website: You can share a direct signup link for free buyer accounts. The signup form is available here: https://www.photoshelter.com/signup/signup/free.