As of August 10, 2021, BWC Photo Imaging will no longer be an integrated print vendor for automated fulfillment with PhotoShelter. The article below walks through how to change to another integrated print vendor and answers common questions about this update.
What to Expect With This Change
How to Change to Another Integrated Print Vendor: Print & Product Pricing Profiles
How to Change to Another Integrated Print Vendor: Image Packages
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Expect With This Change
- BWC will be removed as an integrated print vendor in our system on August 10, 2021. At this point, all BWC prints and products will be removed from your pricing profiles and Image Packages, and your clients will no longer be able to add BWC items into their shopping cart.
- All BWC orders placed before August 10, 2021 will be fulfilled as usual.
- Any pricing profiles and/or Image Packages that include BWC items will remain in your account, but the BWC items will be removed. In order to continue to use those pricing profiles and Image Packages, you’ll need to add a new print vendor.
- If you use the same pricing profile that previously included BWC items, you will not need to create a new pricing profile or reapply that pricing profile to your images.
- To avoid a potential interruption in sales, we recommend that you add a new vendor to your Print and Products Pricing Profiles and Image Packages as soon as possible. The following sections walk through how to make this change.
- We have 4 other integrated print vendors that you may switch to: Printique (formerly AdoramaPix), White House Custom Colour, EZ Prints and Loxley Colour (UK).
How to Change to Another Integrated Print Vendor
Print & Product Pricing Profiles
1. Log into your PhotoShelter account and navigate to “Sell” > “Pricing Profiles.”
2. Open up your existing Print & Products pricing profile by clicking on its name.
3. If you’re changing labs before BWC has been removed from PhotoShelter, you can remove BWC yourself by clicking on the trash can icon in the pricing profile:
4. Click the “+Add A Vendor” button to select your new integrated print vendor from the drop-down list. If you want to see more information about each vendor, you can click the “Compare Vendors” button.
5. Once you’ve selected your new lab, a list of all the prints and products available in our integration will populate below.
6. In the right-hand column, enter in your desired price for each item you wish to offer. For any that you do not wish to offer to your clients, you can simply leave the price field blank.
7. When you’re finished adding pricing, scroll down and click the “Save Profile” button.
8. Repeat this process for any additional print & product pricing profiles that you have.
9. The updates you made will apply to all of the images that you previously priced with this pricing profile. If you wish to apply this pricing to additional images, you can review our article on applying pricing profiles.
1. Log into your PhotoShelter account and navigate to “Sell” > “Image Packages.”
2. Click on the name of an Image Package that you’d like to edit.
3. If you’re editing your Image Packages prior to BWC being removed from our system, you can remove any BWC items by clicking the “remove” link next to each item:
4. To add items from an alternate print lab, click the “+ add products” link under “Package Contents.”
5. In the pop-up window, click the name of the lab that you’d like to add prints/products from.
6. Check the box next to each print and/or product that you’d like to include in the Image Package.
7. When you’re done adding prints and products, click the “Add Products” link in the bottom left of the window.
8. Review the details of your Image Package. If all looks good, click the “Save Package” button.
9. The updates to your Image Package are now live. If you need to update your pricing for the Image Package, you can review our full tutorial on setting up Image Packages.
10. Repeat this process for any additional Image Packages you have set up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to update anything to ensure my website’s e-commerce feature remains active?
If you have BWC set up as your print vendor in Print & Products pricing profiles and/or Image Packages, you will need to select a new integrated print vendor to work with. For step-by-step instructions, you can review our tutorials above on updating your Print & Products pricing profiles as well as your Image Packages.
How will this affect my clients?
So long as you update your Print & Products pricing profile(s) and any Image Packages you have set up, your clients will not experience any interruption in service for purchasing prints/products on your website. Your clients do not have visibility into which print lab you use to fulfill your orders, so changing the lab will not be noticeable to your customers.
That said, the prints and products available through our integration varies from print lab to print lab, so you may need to adjust some of the specific prints and/or products that you’re offering to your customers. Wholesale print costs (what you as the photographer are charged for printing) also varies between the labs, so it may be worth reviewing your pricing structure when updating your fulfillment lab.
Do you have plans to add additional print vendors or add additional prints/products to the existing integrated print vendors?
While we don’t have any immediate plans to expand our print vendor offering, we’d love to hear your feedback. If there are specific prints/products you’re hoping to see or specific vendors you’d like us to partner with, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can log the request for our Product Team to consider in future updates.