Coupons are a great way for photographers to offer discounts on prints and products to clients and buyers. They’re also useful if you’d like to order test prints from one of our five integrated print labs.
In PhotoShelter, coupons can be set up to offer either a dollar amount discount or a percentage discount. Any coupon you create is valid for prints, products, personal-use downloads, royalty-free, and rights-managed sales.
Creating a Coupon
1. Select "Sell" > "Coupons" from the Navigation Bar.
2. Click the "Add Coupon" button in the upper right.
3. Fill out the requested fields to create your coupon. For more details on what each field means, check below.
4. Once you’ve filled out all of the relevant information, click the green "Save Coupon" button.
5. Back on the Coupons page, click the "Campaign Name" to see its details and the users who have used it. You can also click the "Edit" link next to any campaign to edit the coupon’s details.
To deactivate a coupon, click “End Campaign,” which will automatically set the expiration date in the past. Alternatively, if you want to revive a specific coupon campaign after it has expired, you can set the expiration date to any date in the future and the coupon will be valid again.
What to Include in Your Coupon
- Campaign Name: Name your campaign with something descriptive (e.g. 4th of July Sale). This is for internal use only and will not be displayed to buyers.
- Coupon Code: The coupon code is what you’ll give to your customers. It can contain letters and numbers but no spaces (e.g. NEWYEARS19). Note that you cannot change this code once you save the coupon, and coupon codes must be unique.
- Description: If you'd like to add an internal note about the coupon, add it here. This field is optional.
- Expiration Date: You have the option to set a date at which your coupon expires. If you have a set of clients that always receive a certain discount, you can set up a code with no expiration. Otherwise, we suggest setting one.
- Discount: The coupon discount has to be either a dollar amount or a percentage discount. Click the button next to your preference and then specify either the dollar or percentage amount.
- Minimum purchase amount: If you have a dollar-based discount, you might want to enforce a minimum purchase amount. Note that PhotoShelter will not permit a buyer to check out with a coupon that exceeds the value of their cart order. If you don’t want to specify a minimum purchase amount, leave this field blank.
- Max uses per person: Use this to restrict the number of times a coupon can be used by a discrete email address. If you don’t want to specify a max use per person, leave this field blank.
- Max total uses: In this field, you may restrict the number of coupon uses across all buyers. If you don’t want to specify a max total use, leave this field blank.
What Your Buyers See
When a buyer beings the checkout process form your website’s shopping cart, he or she will have the opportunity to enter a coupon code, which is located in the "Order Summary" window on the right of the screen. If the coupon is valid, the discount amount will appear as a line item to the buyer.