Our website templates allow you to create an unlimited number of custom pages. Each page will be a blank slate for you to add your desired content.
Steps to Edit Custom Page Content
If you haven’t yet created your custom page, head over to this article to learn how to create the page in your navigation settings. Once you have your page created, here are the steps to manage the content:
1. Enter your Site Builder.
2. Navigate to your custom page by clicking on the navigation label for that page.
3. Once on the page, click on the blue edit icon that says “Content Area” when you hover over it.
4. You should now see the text editor, where you can add your desired page content.
5. When you’re done, be sure to click the green “Save” button at the top of the left pane.
NOTE: Editing the Page URL for an existing custom page on your site will delete its contents. Prior to editing the URL, we recommend saving the content of your page locally, or creating a new custom page using your preferred URL. You can copy a custom page's contents by switching into the HTML editor view using the <> key in the formatting toolbar within the Content Area.
Text Editor Button Guide
- Clicking this button allows you to work in HTML mode. To view your HTML edits, toggle the button again.
- The paragraph button adjusts the size of your text, based on whether it’s a header or normal content.
- Bolds highlighted text
- Italicizes highlighted text
- Strikes through highlighted text
- Creates a bulleted list
- Creates a numbered list
- Outdent button will move content to the left
- Indent button will move content to the right
- Allows you to insert an image using a web link. For more info on how to insert an image, check out this section.
- Allows you to insert video embed code
- Creates a table in the HTML of your page. This option is only recommended for people comfortable working in HTML.
- Allows you to hyperlink text
- Alignment selector (left, center, right, justified)
- Inserts a horizontal line
- Font color selector
Adding Photos to your Custom Page
To add an image to your custom page, that image will need to be hosted somewhere. If you upload it to your PhotoShelter account, you can grab the direct image link to embed it on your custom page. Here are the steps:
1. If you haven’t yet, first upload your photo to PhotoShelter using any one of our supported upload methods. Make sure the gallery you upload it into is set to be visible to “everyone” (it can be on the unlisted on website tab of your Image Browser).
2. Navigate to your Image Browser and locate the image you want to use.
3. Double click on the image thumbnail to open up the single-image view.
4. Click the “Actions” drop-down menu and choose “Get links and embed code.”
5. Copy the “Direct image link” (second link in the pop-up).
6. Now that you have your link copied, head into your Site Builder and open up the custom page.
7. Click the blue edit icon that says “Content Area” when you hover over it.
8. Click the “Insert Image” button on the text editor (looks like a framed picture of a mountain). Paste the direct image link into the field provided and then click “Insert.”
9. Save your changes at the top of the left pane.
Note: If you’d like to make your embedded photo smaller or larger, you can adjust the portion of the direct image link that indicates the size of the longest side of your photo: “s/500.” Make the “500” portion a bigger or smaller number and the photo should display larger or smaller accordingly. Note that the largest you can show an image on a custom page is 1000 pixels on the long side.
- Example for making an image smaller: https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/###########/s/200/###########.jpg
- Example for making an image larger: https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/###########/s/800/###########.jpg
Can I paste text into the text editor?
Yes, but be aware that results may be mixed if you paste from a word processing application such as Microsoft Word. We recommend pasting text from a plain text editor (e.g. TextEdit).
How can I adjust the size of the text on my custom page?
Aside from the paragraph button, there is not a built-in way to adjust the font size. The fonts are intended to be standardized for best display across various screen sizes. That said, it’s possible to work in HTML mode to manually adjust the font size. To access the HTML, toggle the “< >” button. Here is an example of what it might look like if you want to increase the paragraph text to 20px:
<p style="font-size: 20px;">MY TEXT</p>
I clicked the button to create a table, but I don’t see anything. What did I do wrong?
The table button creates a table in the HTML of the page. If you toggle the “< >” button, you can see this structure. We generally only recommend utilizing this option if you’re comfortable working in HTML.
I’m trying to add code another service gave me, but it’s not working. Why is that?
Not all code will be supported in the HTML of our custom pages. In particular, script tags will be rejected by the text editor, as they conflict with the code used to run your template.